All St Dominic’s students and staff are encouraged to borrow books from the School Library.
If a student wants to borrow a book, they must check it out. This can be done at the Librarian’s desk. The Librarian will do this by scanning the student’s swipe card and the book’s barcode. The student will then be able to keep the book for two weeks.
If the Librarian is away, the Library Prefects are able check out books. Students are not permitted to take books if the Librarian and Library Prefects are not present.
Library books can be returned at any time. There is a Book Returns box next to the Librarian’s desk. If the Librarian or Library Prefects are not present, books can be left in this box.
Here are a few more things you need to know about the library:
- Your school swipe card is also your library card. Use it when you borrow books.
- You can borrow three books at a time.
- You can borrow books for two weeks; if you would like to keep them for longer, you can renew them twice with the librarian.
- You check out books at the librarian’s desk.
- During class time, the library is a quiet zone. Some talking is allowed outside of class time, depending onwhat activities are taking place.
- There is no eating in the library. If you need to come to the library at lunch time, eat your lunch first.
Ms Dickson is the School Librarian. You can ask her questions about reading, research, and how to find books and information. If there’s a book you think we should get in, let her know!
This year’s library prefects are Nina Chen, Sorcha Peters and Clea Tabo. They are in the library during lunchtimes. They can help with library questions too.